The Chaos Elemental is a Level-305 monster located just west of the Rogues’ Castle. It’s usually killed by players since there’s a 1 in 256 chance of receiving a Dragon Pickaxe as a drop that currently sells for 4,5M GP in the Grand Exchange. It’s also a great way to get yourself the best possible pickaxe as an Ironman.
Keep in mind tho that it’s located deep in the Wilderness where players can attack you at any time!
You should be having 3-5 Prayer Potions depending on your Prayer level, 1 Super Combat potion, and rest of the inventory space with food. When attacking the Chaos Elemental, make sure you use the Prayer Protect from Mage. The monster will often teleport away from you so you will have to run after it.
Make sure you have a look at your minimap as often as possible to see if you see any white dots nearby. If you see a white dot, just try to run away as far as possible and log-out to avoid getting killed by a player.
I would recommend having a minimum of:
- Level-80 Attack
- Level-80 Strength
- Level-70 Defence
- Level-70 Prayer
Recommended Melee Gear
- Helmet: Serpatine Helm / Verac’s Helm
- Amulet: Amulet of Fury / Amulet of Glory
- Weapon: Viggora’s Chainmace (Highly recommended)
- Armour: Bandos Chestplate and Bandos Tasset
- Ring: Berserker Ring (i) / Ring of Recoil
- Gloves: Barrow Gloves
- Boots: Dragon Boots
I would recommend having a minimum of Level-75 Ranged.
Recommended Ranged Gear
- Armour: Blessed D’hide Body and Chaps / Black D’hide Body and Chaps
- Weapon: Craw’s Bow / Toxic Blowpipe
- Helmet: Blessed Coif / Karil’s Coif
- Amulet: Necklace of Anguish / Amulet of Glory
- Cape: Ava’s Assembler / Accumulator
- Gloves: Barrows Gloves / Blessed Vambraces
- Boots: Pegasian Boots / Blessed Boots
- Ring: Ring of Suffering (i) / Archers Ring (i)
Since the monster is located in Wilderness, always look how much you would lose if you would die. Never bring items that you can’t afford to lose. If you feel that you’re risking too much when using the recommended gear, switch to a less expensive gear, as for example Black D’Hide Body and Chaps as gear.