Demonic Gorillas are found in the Crash Site Cavern. You’ll have to complete the Monkey Madness II Quest to be able to enter the Crash Site Cavern. To get there you should Royal Seed Pod’s Teleport and run north-west of the Grand Tree.
You’ll recognize the location where the Demonic Gorillas are found since they are located at the same location where you fight the bosses during the Monkey Madness II Quest.
They are Level-275 and require you to have a high-level in your Combat Skills.
You’ll use both Melee and Ranged since they switch their Prayer so you’ll need to switch from Melee and Ranged quite frequently. You’ll need to bring at least 10 Super Restores since you’ll be using your Prayer.
I recommend having a minimum of:
- 80 Attack
- 85 Strength
- 80 Defence
- 85 Ranged (If using Ranged)
- 70 Prayer
Three Different Types of Attack Styles
The Demonic Gorilla will switch between three different attack styles, which will require you to be focused on switching prayer in time. When the Demonic Gorilla has been hitting three zeros on a row on you, it’ll switch to another attack style.
Magic Attack: When the Gorilla is raising up his feet and casts a green orb towards you, you should switch your Prayer to Protect from Magic.
Melee Attack: When the Gorilla is starting to use their nails against you, you’ll need to switch your Prayer to Protect from Melee.
Ranged Attack: When the Gorilla is grabbing a grey stone, you’ll need to switch your Prayer to Protect from Ranged.
Predict the Attack styles
There are actually some ways to predict the Attack styles from the Demonic Gorillas.
If the latest attack style was Magic, you can easily predict if the next attack style is gonna be Ranged or Melee.
If the Gorilla doesn’t follow you, the next style will be Ranged.
If he’s following you, the next style will be Melee.
If the latest attack style Ranged, you can easily predict the next attack style as well.
If you run away from the Gorilla and it’s following you, the next style will be Melee.
If he doesn’t follow you, the next style will be Magic.
Recommended Melee and Ranged Gear
- Helmet: Slayer Helmet (i) (Only on Slayer Task) / Neitiznot Faceguard
- Amulet: Amulet of Torture (Melee) and Amulet of Anguish (Ranged)
- Weapon: Arclight (Melee) and Toxic Blowpipe (Ranged)
- Armour: Bandos Chestplate (Melee), Armadyl Chestplate (Ranged) , Blessed Chaps, and an Avernic or Dragon Defender.
- Ring: Berserker Ring (i) (Melee) , Archers Ring (i) (Ranged)
- Gloves: Barrow Gloves
- Boots: Primordial Boots / Dragon Boots ( Melee ) Pegasian Boots ( Ranged)
- Optional: Rune Pouch, will be used for casting High-Alchemy on Rune Items which gives a good amount of GP to alch. Will make it more efficient since you won’t have to go to the bank as much.
You’ll be making bank at Demonic Gorillas!
You have a 1 in 300 chance of receiving a Zenyte Shard as a drop that currently sells for ~12M at the Grand Exchange. They also drop a lot of seeds and rune items. This is from a Slayer Task of 186 Demonic Gorillas, adding up to approximately 285.000 GP / kill on average. It depends a lot if you’re lucky tho, so don’t take these numbers for granted!